Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar Server Email Invitations

I have Mavericks server set up solely for the calendar. My mail is hosted externally. I set up an ical@domain.com account on my external mail server specifically for the this calendar server to use. In the server app, I enabled "Enable invitations by email" in the Calendar service and entered the info for my external server.

When I create an event and invite my internal users, everything works great. If I invite an external user, they never receive an email. I've tried with external mac.com and gmail.com addresses.

The calendar error log on the server is showing the following. The firewall is off. Any ideas for further troubleshooting this issue?

2015-04-08 10:42:06-0500 [-] [caldav-4] [ESMTPSender,client] [txdav.caldav.datastore.scheduling.imip.smtpsender#error] Failed to send IMIP message <20150408152406.79959.1175722320.2@ical.domain.com> from user@domain.com to mailto:user@mac.com (Reason: Unable to connect to server.)

2015-04-08 10:42:06-0500 [-] [caldav-4] [ESMTPSender,client] [txdav.caldav.datastore.scheduling.imip.smtpsender#error] Failed to send IMIP message <20150408152406.79959.982775415.0@ical.domain.com> from user@domain.com to mailto:user@gmail.com (Reason: Unable to connect to server.)

null-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Apr 8, 2015 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2015 10:40 AM

I went back and disabled SSL for the external email settings for the Calendar service, and it started sending mail. Not sure why that was an issue.

9 replies

May 20, 2015 10:41 AM in response to Clint Davis1

Emails are going out now, but I'm having more problems. I sent an invite to addresses at mac.com, gmail.com, yahoo.com, aol.com, and outlook.com. They all received the invite via webmail. AOL and iCloud didn't offer the option to accept. In fact, iCloud displayed a bunch of XML or something in the message body (see screenshot below). When I accepted in the other webmail interfaces, I didn't receive notification through the calendar server. Is it just not possible to get the calendar server working with external mail hosts/clients?

User uploaded file

May 26, 2015 10:08 AM in response to AKnas

When someone accepts or declines, the email makes it back to my external mail server. But, something isn't right. The address below is creating a folder in the mailbox I'm using for the calendar server. As you can see, there appears to be a folder for every external invite with an accept/decline message. Maybe this is why my calendar server isn't able to pick up the accept/decline messages?

ical+93d3e2d8-344a-4a01-a974-9f23f868e55e@domain.com

User uploaded file

May 27, 2015 6:24 AM in response to AKnas

I created a Gmail account, because I know they support plus addressing. I changed my calendar server to use the Gmail account, but the error log is showing login issues. I have double and triple checked the Gmail settings. Any suggestions?

2015-05-27 08:22:32-0500 [-] [caldav-0] [IMAP4DownloadProtocol (TLSMemoryBIOProtocol),client] [txdav.caldav.datastore.scheduling.imip.inbound.IMAP4DownloadProtocol#error] IMAP login failed for my_account@gmail.com

Calendar Server Email Invitations

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.