Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why I can't see Apple website videos on Samsung tablet? Used many browsers, same result...

I could not find a website issues community and this one was the closest I could find. If this needs to be moved to a different community, please do so.

I realize it's cross platforms, but web browsing should be the same for everyone, no matter what device is used.

I can watch Apple website videos just fine on Windows/Chrome browser (or IE, Firefox) but can't on Samsung Android/Chrome browser (also tried Firefox, Opera, Samsung browser).

Other websites embedded videos are working (i.e. youtube, vimeo, forums etc.) so far it is only the Apple website embedded videos that are not working.

Any idea why?

Posted on Apr 8, 2015 9:36 AM

6 replies

Apr 9, 2015 11:11 AM in response to AlexM Apple

If it's any help, here is what Samsung Support says:

Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.

User uploaded fileYou are now chatting with 'Alberto'. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.

User uploaded fileYour Issue ID for this chat is LTK1125603600195X

Alberto: Hi, thank you for reaching out to Samsung technical support. How may I assist you?

Alex: Hi there

Alex: Why I can't see Apple website videos on Samsung tablet? Used many browsers, same result...

Alex: I can watch Apple website videos just fine on Windows/Chrome browser (or IE, Firefox) but can't on Samsung Android/Chrome browser (also tried Firefox, Opera, Samsung browser). Other websites embedded videos are working (i.e. youtube, vimeo, forums etc.) so far it is only the Apple website embedded videos that are not working. Any idea why?

Alberto: Hello, I understand that you want to see apple website videos on Samsung tablet, is it correct?

Alex: correct

Alberto: Thank you for the confirmation.

Alberto: What is the model number of your tablet? It starts with GT/SM which can be found on the rear panel.

Alex: Don't have it with me but it's the Tab S 8.4

Alex: Same goes for my phone, Galaxy S5

Alberto: Okay,Do you see any error message while browsing?

Alex: nope, no error, it just won't play any video on apple website, ALL other websites videos are plaing OKare

Alex: playing Ok is what I meant

Alex: and this is the same for my tablet AND my phone

Alex: devices are updated to the latest software bla, bla

Alberto: Alright, please restart the tablet once.

Alex: scale of 1 to 10 on tech advance level, I am at 7-8, just so you don't take me through power recycle and such

Alex: you just did 🙂

Alex: it's not that

Alberto: Could you give me a few minutes while I gather the information for you?

Alex: you can grab a galaxy tablet or a phone and try for yourself and yo'll probably notice it won't work...

Alberto: I appreciate your time and patience.

Alberto: As you are able to see other website's embedded videos on your tablet, it could be an issue with the compatibility of Apple website.

Alberto: There should be no issue with the trablet as other websites are working fine.

Alex: Can you transfer me to your Guru tech person to see if I can get a more elaborate answer and maybe a fix for this?

Alex: Then why the apple videos work fine on windows PC and the ONLY ones not working are Android devices?

Alberto: I have rechecked the information.

Alberto: As you are facing an issue only with a particular web site there should not be issue with the Samsung tablet.

Alberto: Also tablet is working fine with other web sites which indicates that there is an issue with that particular web site.

Alberto: There is no separate setting on the tablet to access any particular web site.

Alex: This much I figured, problem is what is causing it and how it can be solved? Again, issue is only on Android devices. PC Windows and iOS devices work good

Alberto: I am afraid; Samsung do not have information about the issues with a particular web site.

Alberto: I would have surely helped, if there had been information available with me.

Alex: Yes, I was afraid you'll say this...

Alex: Do you have an android device there? Try it yourself and see it will not work. Whatever it is IT IS A PROBLEM!!!

Alberto: I understand your requirement; however, it will not be possible for me to check this from here.

Alberto: You need to contact the web site support for further assistance.

Alberto: Is there anything I might be able to assist you with?

Alex: yeah, it went as expected, no fix for this... do you have a level 2 or 3 or 4 tech there?

Alberto: I will transfer this chat to my supervisor.

Alberto: Please be online while I transfer this chat.

Alex: sure, thanks

Alberto: Not a problem.

User uploaded filePlease wait while I transfer the chat to 'Sammy'.

User uploaded fileYou are now chatting with 'Sammy'. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.

User uploaded fileYour Issue ID for this chat is LTK1125603600195X

Sammy: Hello Alex. I am the supervisor of Alberto.

Sammy: I am going through the previous chat session.

Alex: Ok, thanks

Sammy: You are welcome.

Sammy: I appreciate your time and patience.

Sammy: I see that you are unable to access Apple website videos on your tab.

Alex: and on my S5

Sammy: As you are able to access the videos from all the other web sites, it is not an issue with Samsung tab and Samsung do not have any control on this issue.

Sammy: It is an issue with that particular web site and you need to contact the web site support for further assistance.

Sammy: There is no separate setting on the tab to access a particular web site.

Alex: Yes, I need to do that. At this point it's the technical aspect that bothers me, not that I can't watch the video, I can use my iPhone or my PC to watch the video, but why the Android can't?

Alex: Thank you Alberto

Alex: 🙂 or Sammy

Sammy: I understand your requirement; however, we do not have any information about this issue.

Alex: Ok, thanks

Sammy: I apologize for the inconvenience.

Sammy: Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Alex: no

Sammy: Thanks for chatting with Samsung Support. If you have a minute, please click on the blue “X close” button to receive the transcript of your chat and fill out a brief survey to help us serve you better.
Follow Samsung Service on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.

User uploaded fileChat session has been terminated by the Samsung Agent.

Why I can't see Apple website videos on Samsung tablet? Used many browsers, same result...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.