Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating a hyperlink to send text message

I am creating a website in iweb. My question is:

Is it possible to create a hyper link that enables visitors to my site to send me a text message?

Such as:

CLICK HERE TO SEND A TEXT MESSAGE FOR A QUICKER RESPONSE

The visitor would click and then have the capabilities of sending a text message to my iCphone. Is that an option in iweb?

iWeb '08, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Apr 8, 2015 9:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2015 6:37 AM

No, it is not an option in iWeb.

If you want to do this, then you will have to write the html link code yourself and enter it into an html snippet, or you really need to use a third party application or widget to allow you to do this.

Just as you have html links, such as the:

<a href= you can try <a href="sms: (insert your mobile number here)">Text Me</a>

This may or may not work, but most likely you will need to hunt around for a third party application where you can copy and past the code into an html snippet in iWeb to get it to work.

Remember nowadays, that nothing is that easy to accomplish in iWeb and iWeb is very old software and you probably need to look at re-building your site in more current software - just look at this forum for the many alternatives available.

It is not really a good idea now to use iWeb to build a site from scratch - you need to be using current and up-to-date software to do this.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2015 6:37 AM in response to lisa3825

No, it is not an option in iWeb.

If you want to do this, then you will have to write the html link code yourself and enter it into an html snippet, or you really need to use a third party application or widget to allow you to do this.

Just as you have html links, such as the:

<a href= you can try <a href="sms: (insert your mobile number here)">Text Me</a>

This may or may not work, but most likely you will need to hunt around for a third party application where you can copy and past the code into an html snippet in iWeb to get it to work.

Remember nowadays, that nothing is that easy to accomplish in iWeb and iWeb is very old software and you probably need to look at re-building your site in more current software - just look at this forum for the many alternatives available.

It is not really a good idea now to use iWeb to build a site from scratch - you need to be using current and up-to-date software to do this.

Apr 27, 2015 11:28 AM in response to lisa3825

Hi there, I think you can do what you want, as your cell number for texting is actually an email address. For example, my cell number is 510 299 XXXX. My account is with Verizon, so my text address is 510299XXXX@VTEXT.com. I made a link for an email address & put this email address in there, and it worked perfectly. Let me know if you have questions, Bob

Creating a hyperlink to send text message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.