Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch one-handed use?

I'm missing my left hand (my arm ends at my wrist), so when I wear a watch, I wear it on my right wrist. I'm thinking of getting an Apple Watch, but am concerned about: (1) actions that require two fingers (i.e., sending my heartbeat); (2) sensitivity of the digital crown - will I be able to turn it; and, (3) usability of the such a small screen.

I can try one out in-store to see how #2 and #3 turn out, but does anyone know if there's anyway to change the multiple-finger tap actions, like sending your heartbeat? I think that's kind of cool, but obviously wouldn't be able to use it. Is it Siri-enabled, so I could maybe just say, "Siri, send my heartbeat to my husband"?

Thanks.

Posted on Apr 8, 2015 11:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2015 4:13 AM

HI there. I have one right hand and a left stump that goes just past the elbow. I purchasee an Apple watch (black sport 42mm) and got it this week knowing I can send it back in the two week return period so i thought I'd give you a summary on how it's been so far.

sirI is very handy for launching apps and doing other tasks. The app launcher is difficult to use with my stump but I'm getting better with practice and if I need to be quick I use Siri.

Force touches I have to use my elbow for but I figured that out quickly. I don't know anyone with an Apple Watch so I don't have any use for multi finger gestures and without siri I don't see any way of using them.

The digital crown is easy to use with my stump and is the key along with Siri in making it mostly useable.

Im still undecided as to weather I'll keep it. It's great for notifications and as a fitness companion and getting quick information from the custom watch face. But I struggle to justify its price currently. I still have over a week left so I might change my mind as yet.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2015 4:13 AM in response to james_bellanca

HI there. I have one right hand and a left stump that goes just past the elbow. I purchasee an Apple watch (black sport 42mm) and got it this week knowing I can send it back in the two week return period so i thought I'd give you a summary on how it's been so far.

sirI is very handy for launching apps and doing other tasks. The app launcher is difficult to use with my stump but I'm getting better with practice and if I need to be quick I use Siri.

Force touches I have to use my elbow for but I figured that out quickly. I don't know anyone with an Apple Watch so I don't have any use for multi finger gestures and without siri I don't see any way of using them.

The digital crown is easy to use with my stump and is the key along with Siri in making it mostly useable.

Im still undecided as to weather I'll keep it. It's great for notifications and as a fitness companion and getting quick information from the custom watch face. But I struggle to justify its price currently. I still have over a week left so I might change my mind as yet.

Apple Watch one-handed use?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.