Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 5s quick charges on my laptop and other computers but it won't get recognized by any of them or itunes

I have literally tried everything on several articles. I have 2 cables and I tried plugging my phone in with both of them but all it does is charge. My device isn't showing up on my computer. I thought it was the cables but I tried plugging in my sister's same exact phone and hers was recognized. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Itunes, several times, I've updated my computer, turned it off and on and done the same thing with my phone and I reset the settings on my phone as well. I've checked my device manager and the apple one doesn't show up, I've read the article for the support on how to make it show up but it still doesn't work. My phone charges it just won't sync and its not recognized by any computer and I don't know how to fix it.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 8, 2015 11:42 AM

2 replies

Apr 8, 2015 12:00 PM in response to hiddencloud

Do you have the latest version of iTunes on your computer? It must be either v 11.x or 12.x. The fact that it charges means that the driver is installed. Have you checked that AppleMobileDeviceService.exe is running in Task Manager?

When you removed and reinstalled iTunes did you use these instructions? - Removing and Reinstalling iTunes

My iphone 5s quick charges on my laptop and other computers but it won't get recognized by any of them or itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.