Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.3 makes a mess of iPad photos

Having just updated to 8.3, I am curious if anyone else has experienced their photo album being completely messed up out of order.

My albums and camera roll are all out of order. They used to follow a chronological order, but now they are simply just random at best.

My iPad Air 2 spent 20-minutes "restoring" my photos to this mess after the update.

I will be trying a complete erase and reinstall next.

ugh...

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9), MacBook Pro 11,3, 1 TB SSD, 16 GB

Posted on Apr 8, 2015 12:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2015 6:47 PM

I upgraded my iPad to iOS 8.3 this evening, and now iPhoto does not recognize my iPad and I don't know how to fix it.

9 replies

Apr 9, 2015 10:37 AM in response to mohammedfromcardiff

mohammedfromcardiff wrote:

I Have the same proble. Also, photos that I have deleted weeks ago reappeared on iPad.

Very annoyed by Apple's recent software releases.

That probably means they weren't actually deleted. There was a bug in 8.2 where deleted photos didn't actually get removed from the phone, they just disappeared from the listing.

Apr 11, 2015 2:09 PM in response to LukeD

I just updated my iPhone 6 to the latest iOS, (8.3), and now I was attempting to download photos to my iMac and iPhoto. The issue I'm having is that iPhoto is running a continual loop of "connecting" and importing photos and immediately going through the same cycle without stopping, as if the connection was lost again and again that it runs through the same process without stopping. Will probably not be able to resolve it until there's an update.

Apr 11, 2015 2:54 PM in response to German Hernandez

That happened to me as well and finally after 10 minutes I had to shut down or it would have just gone on forever. What a mess to my photo albums. This is not a new problem because I remember having problems a couple of years ago and was thinking that Åpple would fix it right away like they usually do but nothing has been done to improve how photos and albums are handled on the iPad. Doesn't seem like it should be a big problem to allow a person to organize photos and albums anyway they want but the way ipad handles photos and albums is really very poor. I have used apple products and applications since day one and I'm really disappointed with how Apple has responded to this problem.

Apr 17, 2015 9:40 AM in response to LukeD

Hi, I have some Apple devices, both iPhone 6, iPad 2 and MacBook Pro. After upgrade to iOS8.3 and Photos on my MacBook Pro several issues appeared. One annoying thing is that deleted photos re-appears, sorting is out of order and even newly taken pictures after upgrade isn't in sync between iPhone and MacBook Pro. I have also noticed that it can take 10-30 seconds after you take a picture before the picture appears in the camera roll.

This is the first time I have this major issues after an Apple upgrade and this is way below my expectations.

(an extra comment is that "handover" between carrier base stations also is a mess, I did drive a car about 300 km and everytime my iPhone should handover to next base station, the phone call dropped...)

iOS 8.3 makes a mess of iPad photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.