Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After latest Yosemite update, AppleTV no longer shows me my photos. Why?

Ever since I updated to 10.10.3 Yosemite, my AppleTV will no longer see the photos that I have stored on my computer. When I go to "Computers" (on the ATV), I can see music, movies and TV shows, but it will no longer show me photos. (Updating to the latest ATV software didn't change anything - the problem persists.) Why is this?

Do I have to turn on iCloud photos in order to see them on the ATV now? I can't do that, because I have WAY too many photos to fit into iCloud.

Apple TV (3rd generation)

Posted on Apr 8, 2015 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2015 3:33 PM

Never mind, I finally fixed it:

I went into Home Sharing under iTunes, and selected the option to choose which photos I wanted to share with AppleTV. It did the spinning thing for a LONG time (at first I thought it was a malfunction of some kind because it was taking so long), then offered me the option of whether to share from iPhoto or Photos. I selected one of them, and now I can see photos on the ATV.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2015 3:33 PM in response to Babaganoosh

Never mind, I finally fixed it:

I went into Home Sharing under iTunes, and selected the option to choose which photos I wanted to share with AppleTV. It did the spinning thing for a LONG time (at first I thought it was a malfunction of some kind because it was taking so long), then offered me the option of whether to share from iPhoto or Photos. I selected one of them, and now I can see photos on the ATV.

After latest Yosemite update, AppleTV no longer shows me my photos. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.