Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS update error

I tried to update my IOS to 8.3. My phone turned off and when I turned it on a logo appeared to tell me to connect my phone to Itunes. When I connected my phone a message appeared that said 'There is a problem with the Iphone which requires it to be updated or restored'. I've tried updating and restoring but nothing has helped the updates haven't completed as there was an error - code 1671-. I've updated my windows and my itunes and followed the instructions on the 'Resolve iOS update and restore errors in iTunes' page apple support.

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.2, null

Posted on Apr 8, 2015 4:43 PM

5 replies

Apr 9, 2015 9:36 AM in response to mmcglone687

I have an iPhone 6, my MacBook's software is current and updated, and when I tried to run the 8.3 software update on my iPhone it prompted me with a black screen, iTunes logo, and the power cord. I plugged my device into the laptop's USB and have it connected to a power source and is on my wifi. The iTunes "update" says it will take 27 hours and is continually stopping every 20 minutes or so giving me error code 1671. I click through all the prompts and it picks up where it left off. I too can not use my phone and am hoping there is a quicker way to update. Anyone else having this issue?

IOS update error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.