Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to delete songs from a ipod classic

how to delete songs from ipod classic

iPod classic

Posted on Apr 8, 2015 2:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2015 2:46 PM

Hi Billo47,

I understand that you wish to delete some songs from your iPod classic. You can accomplish this task by using the information in this article:

Remove items from your device

Make sure your device is connected, then do one of the following:

Remove an item that was synced automatically: Do any of the following, then sync your device:

• Deselect the checkbox for the item in your iTunes library, and select “Sync only checked [items]” in the Summary pane.

• If the item was added because it’s part of a synced playlist, remove the item from the playlist.

• Change your sync settings to keep the item from being synced.

Remove an item that was added manually or using Autofill: Click On My Device, select an item (or items), press the Delete key, and click Delete.

The types of content you can sync depends on your device. For more information, see the documentation for your device.

You can sync multiple devices with your iTunes library, and use different settings for each device.

Important: Before disconnecting iPod classic, iPod nano, or iPod shuffle from your computer, click the Eject button User uploaded file.

iTunes 12 for Mac: Sync iPod, iPhone, or iPad

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19458

Take care, and thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities.

-Braden

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2015 2:46 PM in response to Billo47

Hi Billo47,

I understand that you wish to delete some songs from your iPod classic. You can accomplish this task by using the information in this article:

Remove items from your device

Make sure your device is connected, then do one of the following:

Remove an item that was synced automatically: Do any of the following, then sync your device:

• Deselect the checkbox for the item in your iTunes library, and select “Sync only checked [items]” in the Summary pane.

• If the item was added because it’s part of a synced playlist, remove the item from the playlist.

• Change your sync settings to keep the item from being synced.

Remove an item that was added manually or using Autofill: Click On My Device, select an item (or items), press the Delete key, and click Delete.

The types of content you can sync depends on your device. For more information, see the documentation for your device.

You can sync multiple devices with your iTunes library, and use different settings for each device.

Important: Before disconnecting iPod classic, iPod nano, or iPod shuffle from your computer, click the Eject button User uploaded file.

iTunes 12 for Mac: Sync iPod, iPhone, or iPad

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19458

Take care, and thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities.

-Braden

how to delete songs from a ipod classic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.