Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to downgrade back to 10.10.2 from 10.10.3

I need switching back to 10.10.2. Is this possible without a backup copy?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Apr 8, 2015 4:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2015 4:35 PM

No.

19 replies

Apr 10, 2015 7:36 AM in response to Meerahone

If OS downgrade is your only priority and you don't need to worry about a timemachine bk then you can. If you have a 10.10.0 installer dmg you can reinstall from that and then download the 10.10.2 combo update from the apple support website and downgrade successfully. I did this yesterday as 10.10.3 Avid MC has bugs with the new mac OS which required it. Working fine in 10.10.2 again in about an hour. You may need to uninstally and reinstall any third party software however as those extension will not work after the downgrade.

Apr 10, 2015 8:14 AM in response to Meerahone

Meerahone wrote:

I like the old photo app, and the system is way to slow.

You can still use iPhoto. Just point it to the renamed legacy photo library.

As for slowness: that's not the update. Check your system to make sure that everything is up-to-date, and try quitting any third-party applications that run in the background, or AV software.

Oh, and btw: BACK UP YOIUR FILES. If you don't, then you should expect to lose your files as some point in the future.

Apr 15, 2015 12:36 PM in response to Smagyarown

From the sounds of it, you may not actually have a problem with Wifi, but something gobbling up all your bandwidth. Before you try rolling back go into the new Photos app and see if the preference is set to use iCloud Photo Library. If so, I've seen several cases already where the process of the Photos app trying to upload the photos from your Mac to iCloud uses all your bandwidth. Turn off this option to test and see if your network comes back up to speed.

Apr 16, 2015 6:25 AM in response to Meerahone

I have this issue as well. 10.10.3 has slowed my system to the point Parallels is un-usable. I know others will opine that its Parallels but my experience tells me otherwise. Parallels was working well until I rebooted after the 10.10.3 update.

I would be happy to entertain another explanation but logic would suggest the 10.10.3 update is the culprit.

Apr 18, 2015 3:17 AM in response to Meerahone

I also have a huge issue with 10.10.3 .... after this upgrade from 10.10.2, I can no longer use an external monitor with my Mac Book Pro (retina) - everything was fine with 10.10.2... now it refuses to recognise my monitor and I have tried different ports, rebooting all the usual stuff, no joy! I had the same issue some time ago with the last update to 10.9...... so I upgraded to Yosemite. This is very frustrating and I wish I had time machine backup! Hope this issue is fixed soon.

Apr 18, 2015 6:05 AM in response to murreyo

After a significant amount of time trying to isolate the cause of the issues I was experiencing, I found that the problem was with ADNX xScanSolo. I had a beta of the software on my computer which interrupted the normal functioning of the system. Once I removed this from my computer and reinstalled the system, everything went back to normal. 10.10.3 now works great!

May 14, 2015 12:00 AM in response to Murrey

I am going to go back to 10.10.2 too.

this Photos app is a disaster fro my partner, she is 62 and resistant to change like this ..I hate it to. Just want to cry this morning , Faces Albums etc all 'effectively ' gone in the new Photos.

I had the machine running all last night doing the updates after installing 10.10.2 yesterday I have just woken up to this ..well devastation...

So how do I go back to 10.10.2

I have both Time Machine backups and the 10.10.2 installer

What is the best way?

How to downgrade back to 10.10.2 from 10.10.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.