Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get old emoji keyboard back, pre ios 8.3

I updated my phone to IOS 8.3 and HATE the new keyboard. Its longer and annoying, the "White" color is not the same as the old white color. I think diversity is okay, for those who want it. I just want the original emojis with the white girls that have brown hair(my favorite emojis). I can not get that anymore, and all old emojis that people use now show up as YELLOW! ***. I ain't yellow or from the Simpsons. Please make an option to have emoji keyboard 1 (Original emojis) or emoji keyboard 2 (Diversity) because I hate this keyboard and the new emojis. It would be fine if you at lest kept the emojis the same as the originals but added more colors...No need to change hair colors and such. Anyone know how to go back to the old emojis or go back in IOS like you can with androids?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 8, 2015 3:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2015 3:54 PM

Downgrading the iOS is not supported and this emoji keyboard is part of the iOS. Maybe you can find a 3rd party alternative that's white enough for you and your brotherhood.

22 replies

Apr 16, 2015 10:33 AM in response to uglykeyboard

These new emoji look like liver failure patients. No joke, that is the exact orange/yellow color they develop. Sure, you can hold down the icon to get the color of your choice, that is nice. But it doesn't translate over to non iOS 8.3 users; they receive the orig emoji and the dreaded blank box. And you can only change the color on the "singles". Now my "couple" emoji is too ugly to use.

Also, since the upgrade one of my Group texts has fractured me out of the group.

Feedback to Apple, check. Am now attempting to downgrade back to 8. Wish me luck.

How to get old emoji keyboard back, pre ios 8.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.