Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

With the new ios 8.3 update you cannot open youtube in safari. It will just automatically open the youtube app unless you delete the app. I really liked using youtube in safari because it can play videos in the background. Anyone know a solution?

With the new ios 8.3 update you can no longer open youtube in safari. It will just automatically open the youtube app unless you delete the app. I really liked using youtube in safari because it can play videos in the background and it uses less data when not on wifi. I've tried restarting my phone and also searched safari settings to see if there would be a solution but nothing. I don't want to delete the app everytime because I use that for watching videos regularly. Please let me know if you know another solution besides deleting the app. Also it would be nice if apple were to fix this ASAP. It doesn't make sence as to why we can't watch them in safari when we have the app. I'm not sure if it's a bug or if it was intended, but it would be nice to be able to watch them in safari again 🙂

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3, null

Posted on Apr 8, 2015 5:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2015 9:48 AM

Send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem solved sooner.

Feedback

10 replies

Apr 9, 2015 5:25 PM in response to Josheyrock17

Thought I was the only who has this problem.... but I discover a little annoying trick:

1- Type YouTube in your search browser

2- Will redirect you to YouTube app > tap twice home button and force to quit YouTube app

3- Type again YouTube in your search browse > will showing "open this page in YouTube "Cancel or Open" > Cancel

4- Type again YouTube in your search browser > and be happy you did it!

Note: Always keep the same tab you open initially YouTube if you don't do this you have repeat the steps again.......

Sorry for the picture I did faster.

User uploaded file

Have a good one!

Jun 4, 2015 2:58 AM in response to vegasboyyoshi

I Have this problem, however every time I open "messages" link saved in my bookmarks, it opens the Messages channel in the App.

it happens every time I go onto that link until the third time I press it and it'll open in safari. Surely there should be a way to distinguish videos from other YouTube links any link it appears to open in the app, despite not being a video or channel!

edit, copy a link and add o=U&noapp=1 to it, and it opens in Safari!

With the new ios 8.3 update you cannot open youtube in safari. It will just automatically open the youtube app unless you delete the app. I really liked using youtube in safari because it can play videos in the background. Anyone know a solution?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.