Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Your Apple ID or Password is Incorrect

I'm trying to log into iTunes via my Apple TV and I cannot get past a screen that reads the subject line above. All Apple TV is doing now is screen savers. Cannot get it to perform any tasks. Thoughts?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Apr 8, 2015 6:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2015 6:29 PM

Sorry to have bothered you all. I've got it worked out now.

4 replies

Apr 14, 2015 12:49 PM in response to Donna Penn

I had the same issue. Using my iPad mini 2's Apple TV remote and keyboard to enter both ID and password, I repeatedly received the error message, "Your Apple ID or password is incorrect." I also had the same problem trying to sign in to iCloud on Apple TV. Reset and power cycled Apple TV. Power cycled broadband router. Still received the same error message. Simple but unexpected solution: I finally entered the ID and password using the "keyboard" screen on the Apple TV instead of the keyboard on the iPad, laboriously scrolling back and forth through the alphabet and numbers.This input method worked for both the sign-in on iTunes and iCloud. I don't know why one keyboard works while the other doesn't but it solved my problem.

Your Apple ID or Password is Incorrect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.