Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two or more networks in range...

When I was in my dorm at college, or whenever I'm at the mall, my iPod connects to the first WiFi connection available. Every time it does that, I end up having to change it to the correct network. When I'm at home, my WiFi service comes from 'xfinitywifi' (which happens to be available around my dorm too), and when I'm at the mall, there happens to be a 'Macy's' on one side of the mall, and directly across from it is 'Apple Store' (Macy's WiFi seems to only allow you to check their site...). I was wondering if there is a way to make my iPod Touch select my personal WiFi router and 'Apple Store' instead of connecting to the first one it finds? I know that its possible to do it on a Mac (under 10.6.8). so, there has got to be a way to do it on my iPod Touch... Thanks

iPod touch, iOS 8.1.3, 5th Gen Slate Blue 64 GB model

Posted on Apr 8, 2015 10:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2015 1:22 AM

No, on an iOS desivice the device connects to the strongest network. there is no way to specify a preferred network

2 replies

Two or more networks in range...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.