Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

headset problem

My earphone headset works with the iPad mini 2.

I can stop - playing song and I can change functions with the button on the headset.

I bought an iPod shuffle 5, but I can't stop playing song with the button on my headset.

I can not also change functions as transition to the next song. My headset is the House of Marley brand "Smile Jamaica".

iPod shuffle, Windows 8

Posted on Apr 9, 2015 2:51 AM

1 reply

Apr 12, 2015 1:54 PM in response to creaziz

Your headset probably uses some of the newer circuits, which are not supported by the shuffle. An Even within Apple-branded products, there are still incompatibilities. See

Compatibility of Apple wired headset models with iPhone, iPad, and iPod models - Apple Support

Your options, from least to most expensive, would be:

• Buy and install an in-line remote control that *is* compatible with the shuffle. I've used this: http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Headphone-Adaptor-Control-Shuffle/dp/B002J1SCRQ/ . I can't say I recommend it, because they fail regularly. I wait until they're on sale for $6, and buy four at a time. If you go to Amazon.com and search "iPod headphone remote," you'll see several. they all have the same issues.
  • Buy a different headset, that is compatible with the shuffle
  • Buy another iPod, like a nano.

Sorry that there isn't a "fix" with the equipment you already own.

headset problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.