Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air dead due to iOS 8.2 Upgrade

Hi All,

I wanted to share the iPad Air 32 GB experience, I bough it on 01-Feb-2014 and Died on 04-Apr-2015. It is just 1.2 Yrs old life.

The mistake I did is upgraded to iOS 8.2, the device don't have any physical damages, never fell down, no scratches on scree or rear - it has been maintained very well. Apple support diagnosis says Flash or Charging point died, they are not sure which one is GONE.

I have been using iPhone 4 since 2009/2010, it is working very good.

NOW I LOST MY TRUST ON APPLE, WILL MOVE AWAY FROM APPLE PRODUCTS - USELESS iPad Air product FROM APPLE.

Best regards

Prabu

iPad Air, iOS 8.2

Posted on Apr 9, 2015 4:36 AM

6 replies

Apr 13, 2015 4:53 AM in response to PrabuBLR

Hi,

I had the same problem a few weeks ago. Update stuck in recovery mode tried everything.. took into apple store, sent in through online service and they couldn't fix it due to a few scratches on the back (out of warranty but how ridiculous). So i went to buy a cheap iPhone 5 off of eBay as obviously I couldn't use my phone anymore due to the update problem. The other week I spoke to an apple advisor online, he understood my problem and managed to get it fixed for me free of charge, he even got the full phone repaired for me!

Did you get anywhere with it?

Apr 13, 2015 5:16 AM in response to Rossrfc72

Thanks for your reply.

Excellent, you got it up and running.

I took the device to Apple Authorized Advisor it did not help.

Can you explain how did he resolve your problem, may be I can try to do the same steps it may work for me. Is there an email id of apple advisor who helped you may be I can approach and ask him for help.

Indeed it would a very useful help.

Regards

Prabu

iPad Air dead due to iOS 8.2 Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.