Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uploading from iPhoto to amazon cloud drive?

Is there any better way to upload photos from iPhoto to Amazon Cloud Drive than exporting from iPhoto? I have over 25,000 photos and it seems like a waste of time to duplicate photos that are already there. I can find no way for Amazon Cloud Drive App to access the iPhoto Library. Dragging and dropping folders, albums, events from iPhoto doesnt work for me. I can only drag individual photos (or select multiples). I'm running Yosemite on an iMac. Thanks!

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 9, 2015 8:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2015 1:08 PM

Exporting is how you do it. Of course, once the upload is done, trash the exported files.

17 replies

Apr 9, 2015 10:53 PM in response to cbuehler1

You can, if Amazon drive allows it, to using a web browser, select upload, which brings up a file browser. on the left sidebar under media should be an option for photos. when selected to the right is another option for iPhoto. Choose it, then sub category choose photos. Select all the items and upload from there.

iPhoto library is not an image file extension so using option above or exporting entire library as individual files piror to upload is only way if it require image specific file extensions

If you manage to upload the iPhoto library to the cloud service as a whole (or any other cloud service i.e. Google Drive) beware it may destroy the library. It's heavily dependent on permissions from the file structure Mac OS Extended (Journaled) which is, obvious by the name, Apple exclusive.

Apr 10, 2015 12:45 AM in response to Chuckles84

You can, if Amazon drive allows it, to using a web browser, select upload, which brings up a file browser. on the left sidebar under media should be an option for photos. when selected to the right is another option for iPhoto. Choose it, then sub category choose photos. Select all the items and upload from there.

The problem with that is you only get the Preview version of the shot, not the best quality and that can be missing metadata.

Apr 19, 2015 8:34 AM in response to Steven Strell2

steve,

After logging into your amazon cloud account, click the "add photos & videos" button. It will open a finder-like window. On the bottom left hand side you will see a photos (icon, link) under media sub-heading. Once you click this you will see something very similar to the iPhoto interface. Select all photos and finally click the choose button. Your photos will upload to amazon cloud.

Nov 7, 2015 10:44 PM in response to cbuehler1

Been trying to drag and drop from iPhoto app for months and found it unreliable, most times not allowing me to add at all.

However, if you go to the path "Pictures > iPhoto Library" you can control click to "Show Package Contents".

It should allow you to go to "Masters" folder where all of the pictures are stored as originals. Search for "jpeg" in "Masters" folder, then select all and drag pictures into Amazon Cloud Drive app.

User uploaded file

Uploading from iPhoto to amazon cloud drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.