Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage not working iOS 8.3

iMessage not sending!

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3, iMessage

Posted on Apr 9, 2015 9:15 AM

32 replies

Apr 17, 2015 11:39 AM in response to mario49

mario49,

I had to erase and restore my iPhone 6 due to forgetting my password, and I then had to restore to an old backup from last month, as the connect and backup continued to ask me for the passcode. I have wiped the phone and restored it and have attempted every possible solution that is listed on forums and google searching and I cannot activate my iMessage or my FaceTime. Am I missing something? I continue to log into my iCloud account but I receive the network error message each and every time I put my password in.

What is going on? I am also not able to sync up to my macbook pro. So all messages are being sent via text and not iMessage

Apr 28, 2015 5:01 AM in response to SteveBryant1

I have the same issue to some degree. I have never (prior on an Iphone 5c and now on my Iphone 6) been able to delete a message thread either. If I delete it, my messages lock up and on reboot the thread is back. Now I upgraded to IOS 8.3 and now when I enter messages, it's blank, after a few minutes it populates, but I can't send. All other apps and functions are fine except imessage and facetime. SOMETIMES they work, but most of the time the switches are OFF (after the 2-3 minutes it takes to open the message or facetime from the settings menu) and will not turn on. I have reset my phone and restored from my PC backup and reset and restored from my icloud backup, no success...

May 6, 2015 8:47 AM in response to Jedkerkin

I Had the same problem ( imessage wouldn't activate And couldn't sign in to Apple id) finally fixed it with loads of faffing and about three resets;

what worked was; turning off iMessage and FaceTime, turning on "Automatic" in time settings so making sure the time/date was correct ( which also involved turning on location settings) then turning the phone off and on again (didn't need to reset) the phone only after doing all those. Then obviously going back in and turning on iMessages/FaceTime. hope it works

May 18, 2015 10:33 PM in response to nrd143

This is my dilemma.. I don't receive any iMessage to my iPhone 5c but my iMessage will go to my macbook... what gives? I have the latest update IOS 8.3 on my iPhone.. I've never had this problem before.. I have turned on & off iMessage, and my phone.. I'm connected to wifi and iMessage will only work once in a while... Please help, I'd like to fix this problem ASAP...

Thanks!!

May 25, 2015 6:03 PM in response to Gypsychick

Here too. I have a 5c and since the 8.3 update, I can't send imessages to others without having my cell data on-am I not supposed to be able to imessage others with an iPhone using my wifi at home? When I try to send a text, I get the dreaded "failed to deliver" notice. Only if I turn on cell data does my i message go. Is this a glitch in the update? If so, how / if I can reset to the last update? Never had problems before this-Anyone?

May 27, 2015 1:44 AM in response to Jedkerkin

I would first recommend creating both iTunes and iCloud backups if possible. Try to test the issue as a new iPhone. Perform a Restore iPhone from iTunes. Once finished, unplug from iTunes. Connect to wifi and setup iPhone as a new iPhone. So, just kind of skip everything in the iOS setup wizard, don't use iCloud / appleID, etc. Just get to the main screen with the icons. Then sign in to iMessage and try to activate without any other software except the new software on the iPhone. If the issue still happens, you know it is not your personal settings or message threads causing the issue. If still cannot activate, try https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage and remove your phone number from iMessage registration. Then, sign out of all your apple devices from both iMessage and Facetime settings. Next, power cycle all devices and sign in to iMessage with your iPhone only first to make sure your phone number is attempted to register with iMessage activation server. After that if issue still persists, may have to contact apple to have them look up your appleID and possibly escalate or gather some info from you to get it taken care of. If it works and activates, sign out of iMessage and Facetime from the iPhone and erase all content and settings, and restore from iCloud backup preferably or iTunes backup if desired. iPhone activate iMessage. Sign back in to facetime / iMessage on other devices that are up to date.

iMessage not working iOS 8.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.