Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I sync my Mac music to my macbook pro? If so, how…?

How can I sync my Mac music to my Macbook pro?

iMac, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Apr 9, 2015 9:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2015 10:04 AM

interesting question, Wazzol. I suppose if you're both on the same network, you should be able to access your mac's itunes library. Apparently, there's something called " Home sharing" and when it's turned on, on both computers , your libraries for both of 'em should show up in the upper right corner of iTunes and be accessible for both. You can drag n' drop music from one to the other, etc

but home sharing has to be on on both.

I didn't know that. I thought that was for Apple TV and MacBook Pro's and all that....

I guess I can learn something new every day.....maybe

well there you go

JB

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2015 10:04 AM in response to Wazzol

interesting question, Wazzol. I suppose if you're both on the same network, you should be able to access your mac's itunes library. Apparently, there's something called " Home sharing" and when it's turned on, on both computers , your libraries for both of 'em should show up in the upper right corner of iTunes and be accessible for both. You can drag n' drop music from one to the other, etc

but home sharing has to be on on both.

I didn't know that. I thought that was for Apple TV and MacBook Pro's and all that....

I guess I can learn something new every day.....maybe

well there you go

JB

Can I sync my Mac music to my macbook pro? If so, how…?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.