Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn off Group Message To: in Notification/Lock Screen iOS 8.3?

Updated to iOS 8.3 and now when group messages come in on my lock screen and notification center it shows all recipients of the message before the message, for example "To: John, Sarah, Ron hi how's it going?"

This is really annoying and hard to read, every time I read it I think the "To: John, Sarah, Ron..." is part of the message. Any way to turn this off?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 9, 2015 9:37 AM

17 replies

May 3, 2015 12:32 PM in response to Drumwiz

I cannot find this issue anywhere else so I want to bump this issue if it isn't already. I use a pebble and with this change, the message is truncated due to the text. This made me have to pull my phone out of my pocket just to read the message when has never been a problem before. There needs to be a way of turning this off!

May 5, 2015 11:05 AM in response to khickson

Actually it doesn't fix my issue. Apple still has added a line to the text. After giving the group a name it now just says the group name instead of To: ....

What I believe we are wanting, at least I am, is to have the second line of the notification be the text of the message, not who is in the group. It should look similar to if it were an individual.

I still think Apple could have an option to turn it off. It can't be that hard to add.

May 5, 2015 11:09 AM in response to AC_kansas

Everyone making the comment here will not get any attention of Apple. This is a user to user support forum. If you want Apple to know how you feel about this, you need to use the feedback link for them to see it. Apple does not participate in the forum. Feedback goes to http://www.apple.com/feedback and then click on the appropriate subject area.

Turn off Group Message To: in Notification/Lock Screen iOS 8.3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.