Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to see both RAW+JPEG files?

I imported a folder of photos that contained both RAW and JPEG versions of each picture. When viewing them in the Photos app, a small icon appears with a "J" on it, indicating (I believe) that two photos (JPEG + RAW) are tied together. The "J" appears to indicate that the JPEG is considered the original. "Get Info" shows the file as a JPEG. I have not been able to figure out how to view the RAW image. The choices that relate to this in the Image menu are "Reprocess RAW" and "use RAW as Original." Both are greyed out.

How can I see both RAW and JPEG, so that I can choose which one to edit?

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10), 20 GB RAM

Posted on Apr 9, 2015 10:21 AM

9 replies

Dec 31, 2015 4:00 PM in response to BHRichmondHill

BHRichmondHill wrote:

Unfortunately this does not appear to work for me (I have Yosemite 10.10.5) as when I open in 'edit' the Raw options are still greyed out. Any suggestions?

It does work and it is the way to do it - My guess is that you are not shooting RAW + JPEG (which is smart - shooting both is redundant and wastes disk space for no gain) so you only have the RAW original or a JPEG original - in either case the original you have is the basis for your edits

LN

How to see both RAW+JPEG files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.