Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

updated to 8.3 and my playlists disappeared from iphone

Help! I just updated my iPhone 6 to iOS 8.3 and my playlists have disappeared off the actual phone.

When my phone is connected to iTunes, all of my playlists and music appear as they did before, but when I open the music app on the phone, almost everything is gone. How can I restore my playlists back to the way they were before the update?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 9, 2015 1:00 PM

9 replies

Apr 9, 2015 6:37 PM in response to amanda_l126

the same thing happened to me on my iphone 5c today, exclamation marks appeared next to all of the songs in my phone so i just deleted them all and was going to manually add all of my songs again. it worked for a while but once i added more than half of my songs on my phone again, they all disappeared from my phone right before my eyes! the only song that was left was "uptown funk." for some reason that was the only song that stayed on my phone.this is all extremely frustrating. i looked everywhere for a solution but have not found one yet, hopefully someone knows a fix for this.

Jul 25, 2015 7:27 PM in response to bchick16

I just restored my playlists on my iPhone 6 following a suggestion in another thread that i can't find again (I had to leave to open an account to comment). The suggestion was to go to Settings/Music and turn off iCloud Music Library. The pop up says you will lose all Apple Music on your phone. That stopped me but then I decided Apple Music was not going to be all the music on my phone so I said OK. The one truncated playlist that was left did disappear, and there was an offer to create new playlists. Instead I went back to Settings and turned iCloud Music Library back on and an option came up to "restore playlists" -- which I clicked and a minute later all my playlists reappeared. Whew! I hope this works as well for others.

updated to 8.3 and my playlists disappeared from iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.