Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

5ghz wifi still broken on 10.10.3

I understand that Yosemite has wifi problems, and I believe those problems were supposed to be fixed in the 10.10.3 update, but I am still having issues on my 2012 retina macbook pro. I was wondering if anybody else is having these issues. let me explain what is going on first. I have a nighthawk x4 r7500 (i like it because it supports time machine) , and when I connect to the 5Ghz network, nothing can actually connect to the internet. In safari, a page will start to load, maybe even some images, but it always hangs. This will happen with anything that tries to use internet communications. I installed a fresh copy of Yosemite 10.10.3 with nothing else installed and the same problems persist. It even happens when i'm in the recovery partition for reinstalling OS X. I downgrade to maverick, and everything works like a champ. then upgrade again and the problem comes back. I have a friend with a 2013 rMBP and they don't have this issue. Nor have I found anybody else on the internet with this issue. So I was wondering if anybody on here is experiencing this and if they fixed it, then how. Note: the 2.4Ghz network does work, its just the 5Ghz that has the problems.

Posted on Apr 9, 2015 1:46 PM

6 replies

Apr 11, 2015 1:59 AM in response to wardrip

Exactly same issue here in Yosemite 10.10.3. With every Yosemite update the WiFi issues are back and at some point it seems to work somehow, but very slow. I'm working with a 15" Macbook Pro Retina (2012). We have also 3 Macbook Air (2012) in our family. All of them are working very well. My Macbook has 10% of their download speed plus I can see a lot of ping losses on my machine.

5ghz wifi still broken on 10.10.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.