Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location services won't turn off

hello

my question is why I can't turn off location services on my iPad air , it is always on. Can somebody tell me why I don't have the control on that.

<Image Edited by Host to Remove Personal Information>

iPad Air, iOS 8.3, null

Posted on Apr 9, 2015 12:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 4, 2017 6:46 PM

So under location services, the location services toggle switch is grayed out, like I have no permission to change it whatsoever. I have the location services in the restrictions section checked to allow changes, and it seems no matter what I do I cannot gain access to this. Any thoughts

23 replies

Jan 8, 2017 6:58 PM in response to salmanid

I Had the same thing happen. The "allow changes" was ticked in my settings and still it didn't work. I disabled my restrictions in settings and suddenly the location services allowed me to turn it off as it was no longer greyed out....

Then I reset my restrictions and everything was back to normal. Hope this helps.....

Mar 6, 2017 7:06 AM in response to WingedResilience

If you have find my iphone enabled, you will need to turn that off (requires you to enter your iCloud password to do so) before you can disable location services.

Similarly, on an iPhone, if your carrier offers it and you use wifi calling, you will need to disable that as well in System Services before you can disable location services. Certain features, like find my iphone, wifi calling, homekit, emergency SOS - all these require location services be enabled.

Apr 9, 2015 11:30 PM in response to salmanid

These are user-to-users forums, you won't get a reply from Apple on here.

You've tried temporarily enabling restrictions and toggling the Location Services restrictions to 'Don't Allow Changes' and back to 'Allow Changes', and tried closing the Settings app via the iPad's taskbar, and doing a soft-reset - and if that doesn't fix it then you've also tried backing up (and copying purchases over to your computer's iTunes library via File > Devices > Transfer Purchases), and restoring to the backup ?

Jul 27, 2015 4:13 AM in response to salmanid

i have just solve this case as the following, try it.

even though i have never enable the restriction but i tried to enable it now and access Restrictions > Share My Location.

change it to Allow to change "Allow Changes".

then go to Privacy > Location service.

you will find it enabled to change.

that helped me and it worked good.

Aug 17, 2015 8:36 AM in response to salmanid

i have the same problem - have tried everything mentioned in this thread already but still cannot turn off location under the privacy settings as it remains grayed out. I have an iPad Air 2 running iOS 8.4.1 (latest version).

Anyone have a solution or know of a fix not yet mentioned above? I've tried everything I know and read without resolution.

THanks in advance!

😕

Location services won't turn off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.