Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't remove albums from iCloud Photos

Somehow my iPhoto Events got into iCloud Photos. They look the same as albums but they can't be seen in iOS Photos nor in OSX Photos. Since they can't be seen in iOS/OSX Photos I can't delete them. I'm sure they were imported from iPhoto (Mac) but the connection to iPhoto appears to be lost, so there's no way I can delete 90 (YES, NINETY!!) albums from iCloud Photos

The "normal" albums work and sync OK. Everything works just OK, but it's just the fact that i know there are 90 garbage folders in my iCloud Photos which frustrates me.

Anyone knows how I can solve this annoying problem??

Posted on Apr 9, 2015 12:40 PM

4 replies

Apr 11, 2015 5:47 PM in response to PuNkEnStEiN

Same issue here and as of right now I see no solution. A simple delete button in the web app would solve this, but the web app is really feature lacking at this point. Can't delete albums, can't permanently delete photos. I don't intent to use the web app much, if at all, so not a huge loss but it is annoying. And I have HUNDREDS of phantom albums. I would even be willing to delete them by hand, but I don't see any way to do it.

Can't remove albums from iCloud Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.