Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi ac speed macbook pro 13 2015

Hello all,

I have two very simple questions but I cannot find the answer. Who can help me?

I can find almost all hardware specs of the Macbook Pro 13 2015 but not the following: what is the theoretical maximum Wi-Fi speed of the Macbook Pro 13 inch model from 2015.I have a router which is capable of Wi-Fi AC 1300 Mbit/s running an internet connection of 500Mbit/s. I would like to know if the Macbook can handle this speed. (I actually expect that considering the price but I would like some facts.

My guess is yes. Especially since the cloud vision which Apple has. Otherwise I advise them to adjust this focus a little bit or to upgrade the Wi-Fi adapter rather quikly. (Apple please don't see this as negative, it is just an idea.)

Second question,

How many antennas does the Wi-Fi adapter have? (I hope that there are at least 2 to get "just" 750Mbit/s

Well since i'm already asking things. My last question: which (English) keyboard has the enter key placed horizontal? US English?

Thanks for reading and taking the time to answer.

Kind regards,

Tiwtik.

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Apr 9, 2015 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2015 7:22 AM

Hi Tiwtik,

I will endeavour to answer your three questions.

1. The MacBook Pro should be able to reach this 802.11ac wifi Speed of 1 300 Mbit/s, however be aware, that this speed depends on your connection.

For example, every Mac can reach this speed BUT if you are on ADSL internet, you have a hight chance of getting absolutely no where near this.

You also need a router can support this, I recommend the NETGEAR D6300, which gets this speed and is fairly cheap for its features.

I would love to know where you live country wise, as this would help indicate if you achieve this internet.

I live in Australia and had ADSL 2+ so I got a 3Mbit/S speed on a new 802.11ac WIFI router on a MacBook, but it wasn't until I upgraded to cable and the NBN that I got theses speeds.

2. These wifi routers usually have 2 antennas, the one above NETGEAR D6300, has 2, one that has a max speed of 300Mbit/S on 2.4Ghz and then 1300 Mbit/S on the 5Ghz on 5G.

3. Enter Key, My MacBook Pro has the Enter Key placed hormonally and that is just the US Keyboard, I have never heard of a vertical Enter Key,

Here is the US keyboard layout: http://store.apple.com/au/go/product/MC184LL/B?cid=aos-au-kwg-pla-btb&mnid=I1f0j 8et-dc_mtid_18707vxu38484_pcrid_57250800526_&mtid=18707vxu38484&muid=0238bc7c-fb 67-4e26-8c0f-f00365d3ba10&aosid=p238

Many Thanks

iBenjamin Crowley

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2015 7:22 AM in response to Tiwtik

Hi Tiwtik,

I will endeavour to answer your three questions.

1. The MacBook Pro should be able to reach this 802.11ac wifi Speed of 1 300 Mbit/s, however be aware, that this speed depends on your connection.

For example, every Mac can reach this speed BUT if you are on ADSL internet, you have a hight chance of getting absolutely no where near this.

You also need a router can support this, I recommend the NETGEAR D6300, which gets this speed and is fairly cheap for its features.

I would love to know where you live country wise, as this would help indicate if you achieve this internet.

I live in Australia and had ADSL 2+ so I got a 3Mbit/S speed on a new 802.11ac WIFI router on a MacBook, but it wasn't until I upgraded to cable and the NBN that I got theses speeds.

2. These wifi routers usually have 2 antennas, the one above NETGEAR D6300, has 2, one that has a max speed of 300Mbit/S on 2.4Ghz and then 1300 Mbit/S on the 5Ghz on 5G.

3. Enter Key, My MacBook Pro has the Enter Key placed hormonally and that is just the US Keyboard, I have never heard of a vertical Enter Key,

Here is the US keyboard layout: http://store.apple.com/au/go/product/MC184LL/B?cid=aos-au-kwg-pla-btb&mnid=I1f0j 8et-dc_mtid_18707vxu38484_pcrid_57250800526_&mtid=18707vxu38484&muid=0238bc7c-fb 67-4e26-8c0f-f00365d3ba10&aosid=p238

Many Thanks

iBenjamin Crowley

Apr 10, 2015 1:36 AM in response to Tiwtik

Hello IbenjaminCrowley

1. Thank you very much! as I mentioned, I have a router capable of getting those speeds. (Fritzbox 7490 international)

Do you now where to find that spec sheet where Apple tells it? I would like to know 100% before I spend a small fortune at a MacBook.

2. My current router has "Inside is a 3x3 stream MIMO antenna configuration with a top link speed of 1,300Mbits/sec over 802.11ac"

Since all new AC Wi-Fi cards have the option to attach 3 antennas to it for the best speed /range I would like to know if the Apple has that option too. (As example, Intel AC7260)

3. Look here please: How to identify keyboard localizations - Apple Support Search for the Dutch and English international keyboard. You will see a in my opinion horrible enter key.

So the US layout is fine 🙂

Tank you for answering.

Winos

wifi ac speed macbook pro 13 2015

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.