Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.3 silent Bluetooth to car audio

Previously working. Updated to 8.3 OTA. Bluetooth still pairs and responds to radio controls but audio is silent. Checked volume on both radio and iPhone. Tried rebooting phone, deleting device on iPhone and resetting Bluetooth in car system, re-paired and still the same problem. Same problem after update with my iPad Air.

iPhone 5s

Grom Audio usb3 with Bluetooth adapter

Again, it was working flawlessly before the 8.3 update.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 9, 2015 2:51 PM

8 replies

Apr 11, 2015 3:51 PM in response to raythn

I checked with an older iPod and iPad that both used to work and which weren't updated. Still no sound but controls and text updates work. So the reasonable conclusion is the problem is in the car system which coincidentally went out the same exact time as the ios update. There remains the unreasonable conclusion that the 8.3 update changed how the Bluetooth devices interacted creating a permanent fault in the head unit which I will firmware update tonight to try and clear. Leaving my iOS device on 8.2 Just in case.

Apr 26, 2015 2:12 PM in response to raythn

I also have a problem using iPhone 6 with car system, and it appeared right after upgrade to iOS 8.3. With 8.2 all was fine...

I'm using cable to connect - issue is - 1st time it connects fine, but after disconnect - 2nd time without reboot of iPhone it doesn't connect, car system returns error connecting...

iOS 8.3 silent Bluetooth to car audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.