Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.3 broke YouTube!

I've updated two iPads (iPad 2 and iPad Mini) and 2 iPhones (4S and 6+) to iOS 8.3.

YouTube will not run on any device. Circling flower, greyed menus...

I am located in Thailand, but YouTube is not blocked here, I can use it on my OS X Macs. Help!!

iPad 2, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 9, 2015 5:03 PM

19 replies

Apr 10, 2015 5:41 AM in response to kjekk

If you ever find an operating system where updates and core functions never fail, please post it here. But don't hold your breath because it doesn't, never has, and never will exist. And the fact that you have an issue following the update certainly does NOT mean it is a universal or even widespread issue. Folks here are more than happy to try to help resolve it, but can the attitude. Makes you sound like a spoiled 10 year old.

Apr 10, 2015 5:51 AM in response to Kilgore-Trout

Dear Kilgore - Trout

I am not spoiled, I just used $3000 on two iPhone 6... in this price range i expect quality. My girlfriend an I have used them since christmas I updated them yesterday and after the update none of them plays video... I know its not widespread issue... its only 2, but it is 2 of 2 = 100% ... I have worked 15 years with Apple and I know we where told to say it just works as a marketing gimmick... and yes i expected more of Apple. What do you expect... should I be happy ? well i am not... now i got hours of work to fix two phones that where top notch before the update.

Apr 10, 2015 5:57 AM in response to kjekk

Jens Stoltenberg wrote:

I am not spoiled,

I didn't say you are, just that your post makes it sound like you are. You are not addressing Apple in these forum, just fellow users.

Jens Stoltenberg wrote:

2 of 2 = 100% ...

If it were a case of 2 of 2, that might apply, but it isn't.

Jens Stoltenberg wrote:

I have worked 15 years with Apple

Pretty much irrelevant.

You have been offered a potential solution. It is entirely up to you if you wish to try it.

Apr 10, 2015 8:04 AM in response to Kilgore-Trout

One iPhone 6 was updated at home, one at work, both restarted several times.

The Phones is snappy and very fast as long as there is no video in the page i brows in Safari.

If I get a snap with photo it works fine, but if I get a video snap the screen is black but text written on the video is visible. when the video has played (black) for 8 or 9 sec the phone freezes and become none responsive. This is both in Snap, Safari, Facebook, Instagram etc... I have to kill the app to get the phone working again.

I will try to reinstall both phones this evening, I just hoped that it was some fix that did it easier... like on OS X where i can start in single user mode and fix stuff...

iOS 8.3 broke YouTube!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.