Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ios8.3 messages missing

I updated to iOS 8.3 this morning and my I noticed this evening that in my iMessages, all of my photos between texts in my conversations are all available , but when I scroll up to retrieve my old messages they do not load and it scrolls back to my most recent text messages. Is anyone else having issues retrieving older messages with this update? Is there anyway to restore the iMessages. I am confused because all the previous photos are still available, it is strictly the iMessages. Nothing else from my backup is missing.

Thanks for for your help.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 9, 2015 8:06 PM

7 replies

Apr 28, 2015 2:09 PM in response to dpabbott

Immediately after updating to 8.3 my iPhone 6 Plus is having this issue as well. When selecting Messages, the system is slow to respond, takes forever to load the person I want to send a message to, is extremely slow when sending photos via text selecting the contacts, has crashed, and all previous messages disappeared. Once I selected a string, I was able to pull down on the screen, and finally get the old messages to load. However, if the phone sits for a while or is turned on, the system once again shows no previous text messages and has to reload. It is very frustrating. Has Apple identified or acknowledged the issue at all?

Ios8.3 messages missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.