Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard shortcuts reappearing problem in iOS 8.3?

Hello, most of us are facing deleted keyboard shortcuts problem that they keep reappearing back after restart. I filed a bug to Apple and they said they fixed in iOS 8.3. I updated my iPhone and checked it but the problem still persists. Are you guys also facing this issue in iOS 8.3 as well?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 9, 2015 9:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2015 2:13 AM

I had my hopes up about this bug getting fixed. I deleted all my redundant and incorrect shortcuts after updating to 8.3. All was well for a few days, then bam. No dice.

Apple should add a manual "force sync/refresh" button to be honest. Sometimes manual control is a LOT better than the "it just works" bit. In this case, "it totally does not work".

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2015 2:13 AM in response to kashif789us

I had my hopes up about this bug getting fixed. I deleted all my redundant and incorrect shortcuts after updating to 8.3. All was well for a few days, then bam. No dice.

Apple should add a manual "force sync/refresh" button to be honest. Sometimes manual control is a LOT better than the "it just works" bit. In this case, "it totally does not work".

Oct 25, 2015 7:11 AM in response to sbrask

i believe i've figured out the problem. setup a new "administrative" user on your computer and login. check "keychain" in system settings: iCloud and open text in system settings: keyboard, then delete all unwanted shortcuts. i needed, for some reason, to do this twice with test users for all to go away and stay away on all devices and computers. i had the same problem with a friend's photo stream, where stray photos kept reappearing.

Keyboard shortcuts reappearing problem in iOS 8.3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.