Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ugraded ios 8.3 on iphone 4s and now phone doesn't charge or if I can get it to recognize a charger it takes forever to charge. PLEASE HELP!!! Can I go back to ios 8.2?

Installed ios 8.3 on iPhone 4s, now does not charge or if it does recognize a charger it takes forever to charge. I have reset the phone back to factory settings, cleaned the charging port, bought 3 different charging cables and nothing fixed the problem. Please Help!!! The phone worked fine until I installed 8.3.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.3, Battery will no longer charge

Posted on Apr 9, 2015 7:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2015 10:22 AM

It seems like with the more updates Apple comes out with the less compatible they will be with the older generation iPhones. There was an article about the last few release 8.2.1 (or whatever they were) that 4s users would experience an issue. This is probably just a way for them to get you to buy the newer models. So in reality, there are two things that can be causing this issue. 1. The 4s is not as compatible with the new iOS or 2. Your phone battery needs to be replaced and if that's the case, I would highly recommend getting a newer phone. It's not worth the battery.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2015 10:22 AM in response to garlon73

It seems like with the more updates Apple comes out with the less compatible they will be with the older generation iPhones. There was an article about the last few release 8.2.1 (or whatever they were) that 4s users would experience an issue. This is probably just a way for them to get you to buy the newer models. So in reality, there are two things that can be causing this issue. 1. The 4s is not as compatible with the new iOS or 2. Your phone battery needs to be replaced and if that's the case, I would highly recommend getting a newer phone. It's not worth the battery.

Ugraded ios 8.3 on iphone 4s and now phone doesn't charge or if I can get it to recognize a charger it takes forever to charge. PLEASE HELP!!! Can I go back to ios 8.2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.