Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HDMI Output from iPad (4th gen, iOS 8.3) not working. Grrrrrrrrrr.

I've not used the HDMI out function for several months, (I say this because the last time I used it might have been prior to iOS 8) but I tried to use it the other night and when I plug in my lightning HDMI adapter the blue bar appears at the top of the iPad and then just goes away. nothing changes on the TV screen and I've used multiple HDMI cables to test.

This is extremely frustrating (these are the most polite words I could use...after much revision and self censorship).

I want this to work again. I paid for all this stuff to work, so I want it to work and work well. Yes Apple, I'm part of your cult, but you actually have to deliver, otherwise I pay premium prices for what?

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 9, 2015 9:52 PM

11 replies

Apr 23, 2015 12:03 AM in response to christophe278

Hi

I have same problem. My iPad Air and iPad4 were working fine with iOS8.2. After updated to iOS8.3, both of them stop working to output TV through HDMI. I tested other iPard4 with iOS8.2 and it worked fine. So the cable and TV have no problem. I also tested iPhone5S with iOS8.3. It also has no problem.

The problem only occurs on iPad with iOS8.3

I hope Apple releases a fixed version soon.

Regards

May 22, 2015 1:58 PM in response to pandywolff

pandywolff wrote:

I tried 'reset network settings' on one iPad but it did not solve the problem. I tried 'reset all settings' on the other iPad and that didn't fix the problem either. Any suggestions? Both are iPad 3 and oth are running iOS 8.3. Thanks!

Reset all settings so what doctorsney described in the post where he said that the Apple Store solved the problem for him. Settings>General>Reset all settings IS a settings reset. That is not to be confused with a restore of the iOS.

You tried it and it didn't work for you. Try a simple reset of the device itself. Hold down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears on the screen, then let go of the buttons.

IT might not fix it, but you will not lose any data. It is just like rebooting a computer.

HDMI Output from iPad (4th gen, iOS 8.3) not working. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.