Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Image Capture Preferences

This last OS update 10.10.3, seems to have broken Image Capture

I had it set to launch Image Capture whenever I plugged my iPhone into the iMac. I would then download my photos into the pre-set Folder and delete the photos off my iPhone.

Since the iOS update, Image Capture can't remember the Launch App setting and resets itself to No Application every time I quit it.

I have a very similar problem when I use Image Capture to scan from my flatbed scanner. I set the file destination to Downloaded, and every time I quit Image Capture and relaunch it, it resets the destination folder back to Pictures.

These are simple settings, how can I get them to save

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Posted on Apr 9, 2015 8:42 PM

4 replies

Apr 10, 2015 9:44 AM in response to DNStephens

I don't have your answer, but I can tell you that I just updated to 10.10.3 too, and I'm not having this problem. So I don't think it's the update that broke Image Capture for you.

The update did change the setting on my machine. Before, I had it set to launch Image Capture when my phone was connected, but the update changed it to launch Photos instead. But I just changed it back, and it seems to be OK. I quit and restarted Image Capture a couple times, and also disconnected and reconnected my phone to test it, and so far it hasn't forgotten any settings.

Sorry I can't help more.

Image Capture Preferences

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.