Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.3 Ipad air 2 full brightness after reboot

After turning the ipad off (not on standby but completely shut down), then turning it on, brightness is set at 100%

I have the automatic brigthness off as my personal preference.

This is pretty much a new bug in os 8.3, hope they get it fixed.

iPad 2, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Apr 9, 2015 8:10 PM

8 replies

Apr 9, 2015 11:05 PM in response to psikofunkster

If, by Clean Restoration, you mean, Restore to Factory Settings, then remember that this action reloads a fresh iOS image which resets all settings on your device to the defaults including brightness. Also note that restarting the iPad is not the same as resetting the iPad.

There could be a bug but you might want to check that your testing is consistent.

Apr 10, 2015 8:03 AM in response to JimHdk

Yes i meant restore to factory settings.

Yes i know restarting and resetting are not the same, when i mean restarting, i mean turning off then on the device.

As i mentioned now brightness resets to 50% (when i use settings->brightness only)....weird...hope i'm not the only one.

I don't remember this happening with ios 8.2 though..

No issues with my ipod touch 5 so i guess its the combination ipad air 2 + ios 8.3....i guess.

iOS 8.3 Ipad air 2 full brightness after reboot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.