Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TimeMachine-Account noch correct(?)

Hello!

Today, because of another problem, i tried to use a TimeMachine-Backup to restore my Macbook.

That worked until the User/Password for connecting to my TimeMachine-Volume. My User/Password was rejected.

The volume is located on a Synology-NAS. Therefore i created a seperate user/password on this synology. With this user my mac logs into the Synology. That works fine.

I thought, this user/password would be the right one to connect to the volume in this case - but it isn't.

Which account is needed to connect to the volume?

Best regards!

Reinhold

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Apr 10, 2015 3:22 AM

6 replies

Apr 11, 2015 11:00 AM in response to Eric Root

Ok - sorry, I explained my problem not exactly enough. My english isn't the best...

There is only on accout - with this account my macbook does it's TimeMachine-Backups (on the synology nas).

The process to restore your mac (starting with pressing ctrl+R when booting the macbook) asks for a user/password to connect to the TimeMachine-Volume. I thought, this must be the above mentioned account. But that didn't work.

So it seems like i don't understand TimeMachine in this case...

TimeMachine-Account noch correct(?)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.