Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.3 update will delete music with iTunes match

Just a warning. If you have iTunes match have not enabled it, the 8.3 update will turn it back on and will delete all your locally stored music. I don't know if it would work, but check iTunes and App store preferences in settings to unenable iTunes match before you open the music app.

I just lost 50GBs of music on my iPhone because of this. Not happy because my Macbook is in another city and my iPod Classic's hard drive died last week. It hard to understand why this would happen as after the update even the apps running in the background before the update were still running after.

Thanks Apple.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Apr 10, 2015 4:12 AM

6 replies

May 11, 2015 6:25 PM in response to richard177

The same thing happens to me. Recently upgraded my iPhone so I synced all my music from iTunes on my PC to my new phone. Then I enabled iTunes match and bam - all the music is now gone and I'm left with iCloud links only. My internet connection isn't really fast enough to download all 60gb from the iCloud. This definitely worked in previous versions as I did the same when I got my iPhone 5....

Jun 5, 2015 7:33 AM in response to richard177

Hi folks, here's the fix I used and it doesn't take long either:

1. Connect the phone to iTunes.

2. Click the phone icon on the upper left to see the "phone" screen. This is where your iOS version is listed, etc.

3. In the left menu for Settings, click Music (or whatever else has been deleted).

4. Click Sync Music in the middle of the screen after verifying what you want to sync.

5. Wait (about an hour for me with 4400 songs).

6. Enjoy your music again.

YMMV but this worked for me.

Thanks!

Kevin

iOS 8.3 update will delete music with iTunes match

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.