Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad mini 3 factime and imessage wont activate

Hi,

I have an open applecare case for this problem but after a week still no resolution.

When i enter the applid and password for either facetime or imessage it starts to sign in but then returns back to the sign in with no error message.

I have tried all the factory resets, tried change to DNS to google 8.8.8.8 and every other suggestion i have read.

I have also created a new apple ID but with the same result.

On the very first time i set up the ipad facetime worked and i was able to perform a test call with my wife who has an iphone.

After that i setup icloud but it would not accept my apple id password so i followed the instructions to reset the password.

icloud then started working but since then facetime and imessage have not worked again.

I have also tried using my wife's apple ID on the ipad as it work on her phone, but that also does not work on my ipad.

onnce you enter the apple id and password it starts to sign in but then after a few seconds returns to the sign in with no error messages.

Please can someone help!

iPad Mini, iOS 8.2, null

Posted on Apr 10, 2015 5:24 AM

8 replies

Apr 10, 2015 4:01 PM in response to waters5

I Spoke with Apple tonight, this is a majir issue with people that create Apple ID using iPad mini 3's. My advisor said they had many many calls today all having issues with new Mini 3 iPads.

I Am currently escalated to engineers, if you haven't already, get this logged with Apple as it give the engineers much more information.

Apr 16, 2015 2:10 PM in response to waters5

the problem I'm having with a few iPad mini 3's is you can't use a new Apple ID with these you can use an old I'd if I put a new I'd into my iPad mini 2 there's no problem if you can try an old I'd .

NO restore will cure this I have tried everything the last conversation I had with Apple was we will have to wait for an update and there are many people with this problem in my eyes it's a simple activate issue here's my post I started .....

ipad mini 3 imessage sign in loop

Apr 28, 2015 4:36 PM in response to luvmytrk

No official updates. Please call AppleCare so they know that you are having a problem with your AppleID

We're trying to collect all the information and people we find having this problem at this post imessage and Facetime sign in activation error iPad ios8.1.2

The current problem starts on page 18. It has all the different things people have tried. Follow the post so you will get updates when people post

Jul 21, 2015 10:50 AM in response to 'shana

Hi,

As of today this is now fixed for me.

I have been emailing with my senior support contact for the past 3 months trying to get this fixed.

The last 2 months the support contact could not even be bothered to reply.

So on Sunday i rand customer support again complained about the problem and lack of support.

I was quickly put through to another senior tech support who very quickly seemed to recognise

the issue. He got me to check the date and time were correct.

He then took the answers to my appleid account security questions and said would

be in touch in a couple of days.

I had a missed call on my phone so dont know if it was them but i tried logging into facetime

and imessage today and they worked straight away.

So my advise is keep ringing the tech support as clearly some are better than others.

Hopefully it will stay working now!

ipad mini 3 factime and imessage wont activate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.