Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Pre-Order Issues?

Any one have any pre-order issues?

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Apr 10, 2015 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2015 7:42 AM

Ordered mine at 6am. Delivery to be May 13 to May 27. No problems.

29 replies

Apr 10, 2015 8:08 AM in response to NOYB234

So I was online when the store came up a couple mins after midnight.....ordered watch.....was quoted 4 weeks for delivery. THEN....I get the confirmation email and it says available for shipping in June.....what the ****?!? Called customer service and they are clueless.....I thought the watch was coming out April 24? And why did my delivery status change once they got my money.....very frustrated as this is a gift

Apr 10, 2015 8:16 AM in response to Editman323

have you checked the order status from the order number on the confirmation email?

A lot of times they give canned dates until they process the order and it is in to be shipped stage. Then that date may be the "Official" date but I know with the iPhone 6 and iPhone 5s the dates kept changing the closer it got to the release date. It is a matter of what kind, color, band, who, what time ordered, when the money hits their bank, and distance, etc...

Apr 10, 2015 8:48 AM in response to Editman323

Also please keep in mind these are PRE-orders so the shipping cannot be determined right now. I am surprised Customer support did not know that? That is always the way pre-orders are handled. In addition, just like movies they do not charge you until the movie comes out on pre-ordered items. Now I do not know If Apple is going to place holds on accounts or credit cards or not but so far nothing has been moved as far as my Credit is concerned. But someone stated that Apple may remove the funds as soon as it hits "Preparing for Shipment" stage.

Apr 10, 2015 9:28 AM in response to Ralph9430

Ralph,

I ordered mine at 12:03am and they gave me a ship date of May 13 - May 24 Four to Six weeks? I cannot imagine in three minutes they sold out of their first production batch. From what I was told, by Apple, that is a standard date given to pre-order sales and those given dates depend on what, what time you ordered and location.

With everything I have ever preordered from Apple I always got a 4-6 weeks on delivery. Then a couple days before the release date I would receive an email of shipment and a tracking number.

Apr 10, 2015 10:01 AM in response to NOYB234

Oh well,

Apple knew by suggesting to favorite watches on folks online accounts that would give Apple a perspective of what to make more of and prepare for.

Now Apple is making thousands of watches a day and thanks to pre-orders they have an even better idea of what watches to make more of, faster and where to send them. Or out of the watches already made they know where to send them and what type to send.

This is a very personal item that required a special touch in manufacturing and then the matching up types and colors of bands to colors and types of metal that is not easy. The thought of the parameters of logistics all on it's own is a nightmare too. So if my delivery date says 4-6 weeks I consider myself to be lucky.

Just think some one at a manufacturing plant may be boxing your watch right now and placing it on a stack that is to be shipped to your point on a map.

Apple Watch Pre-Order Issues?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.