Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBooks wont open, white screen then dissapears

iPhone 6, IOS 8.3, iBooks App.

When I open iBooks it opens to a white screen then disappears/crashes in a minute.

Things I've tried:

Shutting App down & restarting

Shutting iPhone off and restarting

Turning off and on Wi-Fi

Checked for IOS update and installed

Since iBooks is an IOS App it wont let me download and reload the App.

Any ideas?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 10, 2015 7:59 AM

6 replies

Apr 17, 2015 7:25 PM in response to MacMikeInOK

Delete everything from the iBooks app and see if it still crashes. Beforehand you might want to connect your device to your computer, and using iTunes, Transfer Purchases (this should transfer all iBook purchases and PDFs).

If it doesn't crash, gradually add a book/PDF one by one, as it could be a particular file that's corrupt or the app just doesn't like.

Apr 24, 2015 6:42 PM in response to picas

Not sure what you mean by the first part of your post, "Delete everything from the iBooks app and see if it still crashes..."

There's no way to delete anything if iBooks renders a white screen then crashes upon opening.

Apple Store sales clerk (not Genius Bar) said my only option is to back up to iCloud (or my Mac), then bring the iPad into the store where they can restore it back to factory, then restore the settings from the iCloud backup. I may have to resort to this...don't know yet.

Apr 24, 2015 8:31 PM in response to MacMikeInOK

Sorry, that didn't make sense. Connect your iPad to your computer, and deselect Sync Books, and sync. (You might want to transfer your purchases beforehand (which will transfer ibooks and pdfs): File > Devices > Transfer purchases. You can then check if there is anything left in the iBooks app on your iPad by scrolling down to "On my device" Books in the Sidebar. (If there are still pdfs left in iBooks on your iPad, delete them from your computer, transfer purchases again, deselect Sync Books, and sync again. Hopefully you'll get to zero books/pdfs to check if you can then open the app without it crashing.

Otherwise you could try backing up, restore to factory, and restore from a backup.

iBooks wont open, white screen then dissapears

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.