Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sync.jpeg file just appeared in downloads

using safari, opened gumtree and the file sync.jpeg was downloaded to my "downloads" folder, I have moved it to the trash but I can't empty the trash as it says its in use, I have rebooted and tried again and the same "in use" comment comes up, what is it and how do I delete it.

Thanks in Advance

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 10, 2015 8:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply
9 replies

May 19, 2015 2:34 AM in response to JayMirar12

Help! It didn't help me! I followed the instructions precisely and ended up with a .png file which I was able to delete. However the sync.jpeg file has also somehow duplicated itself. I now have a file called sync.jpeg.sb-755e454d-1lehyJ. This one can't be opened with Preview - clicking open with gives no options other than App store. However if I trash it I can't empty the trash as it says it's in use. I'm a bit worried as to what on earth this file actually is and why it ended up on my computer (I hadn't clicked on anything). I would be really grateful for any further advice.

Thanks so much

sync.jpeg file just appeared in downloads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.