Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error 53 for iPhone 6

i update my iPhone 6 for ISO 8.3 there iTunes then i cant trun on my phone again cause always i get message error 53 .

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 10, 2015 8:11 AM

2 replies

Apr 10, 2015 8:54 AM in response to amer7140

Error 53 based on the information that I've gathered is a hardware issue that stems from Touch ID.

The recurring theme between the reports seems to be replacement of the screen or the home button.

When a home button is replaced with a button from a different the device it causes an issue with the Touch ID functionality leading to error 53.

What I would recommend doing is calling apple support and going over some troubleshooting steps with them.

If a backup / restore does not resolve the issue then take the device in for service or mail it in.

Something like this should not be considered accidental damage so it should be free.

Now if you're out of warranty then you're out of luck as with any manufacturer.

May 30, 2015 9:22 AM in response to Xthelyricist

Hy.I got today at restore iphone 6 ios 8.3 16gb error 53.Iphone fuction perfect until today at restore.I replece my lcd because was broken and use original home botton. Any solutions?These is a service apple problem at restore,or phone bricked? The ios 9 maybe will solve?

Problem is i got these error on bounth iphone 6 i have.at 50% verification software give error 53 and stop

error 53 for iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.