Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen showing black but can connect to external

Hi,

I have an issue which is rather bizarre.

Last night I went to turn on my Macbook Air (2014) and it didn't seem like it wanted to turn on. I held the power button down for a while and it eventually it re-booted after about 10 minutes of trying.

This morning i've gone to turn it on again and I get the start up soon and it seems like it's on but the screen is black. I've tried everything but it doesn't seem to show. I've now connected it to my monitor and through a VGA cable and it works fine but the screen is still blank.

I haven't dropped it or anything, so I don't think it's a hardware issue. I've read threads about holding Shitf + Control + Option when turning on and it doesn't work. I also tried the PAM (Not sure if that's what it's called) and that doesn't work.

Unfortunately there's no Apple Store where I live and it's the holidays at the moment so nowhere is open!

Any help is much appreciated.

John.

MacBook Air

Posted on Apr 10, 2015 8:40 AM

2 replies

Screen showing black but can connect to external

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.