Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

startup manager doesnt show up after installing windows partition

I partitioned my imac and installed Windows.

After installation of Windows, It no more operates the options key. My computer starts automatically with Windows, and have no choice to switch between operating systems. it is impossible that i have formatted all disc since I am sure that I partitioned 700 gb of space for OSX, and 299 gb for Windows.

Why is this happening?

iMac

Posted on Apr 10, 2015 9:03 AM

1 reply

Apr 13, 2015 9:31 AM in response to lindaa_07

Hi lindaa_07,

The Startup Manager should show up when depressing the Option key on your keyboard no matter what operating system(s) is installed. One possibility comes to mind - is this an Apple keyboard and is it directly connected to the iMac? Some other keyboards may not function in a way that brings up the startup manager. See this article for reference -

Mac doesn't start up from disc - Apple Support

You may also wish to reset your iMac's NVRAM. See how to do this from this article -

How to Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Specifically -

1. Shut down your Mac.
  2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R.
  3. Turn on your Mac.
  4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately after you hear the startup sound.
  5. Hold these keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for a second time.
  6. Release the keys.

After resetting NVRAM, you may need to reconfigure settings for speaker volume, screen resolution, startup disk selection, and time zone information.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Sincerely,

Brett L

startup manager doesnt show up after installing windows partition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.