Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an older Airport Base Snow that I gave to my brother to use for his apartment. It's connected to a cable modem and I have a network but it is not protected. How do I set a password? There is no computer in this setup, just an iPad

I Have an older Snow Airport Base that I gave to my brother to use in his apartment. It is connected to a cable router. I have a network established but it is not secure. How do I password protect this network? There is no computer in this setup, only an iPad. Thanks!

Posted on Apr 10, 2015 9:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2015 5:06 PM

If this base station is actually the "snow" then you will need a Mac or PC that can run a version of the AirPort Utility that can administer this "very old" 802.11b base station. You won't be able to do so with an iOS device or Mac running Lion or newer OS.

2 replies

I have an older Airport Base Snow that I gave to my brother to use for his apartment. It's connected to a cable modem and I have a network but it is not protected. How do I set a password? There is no computer in this setup, just an iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.