Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Security update 2015-004 1.0 has disabled my access to the App Store and iTunes on OSX 10.9.5. Will apple be addressing this issue with another update? I have restored via time machine.

Security update 2015-004 1.0 has disabled my access to the App Store and iTunes on OSX 10.9.5. Will apple be addressing this issue with another update? I have restored via time machine.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Apr 10, 2015 9:59 AM

4 replies

Apr 12, 2015 12:07 AM in response to 606Club

Hi,

same here with Mavericks after updating the security update. I called the Apple Support and they gave me the advice to re-install the system. After this, everything went well until I did the last update. Then the same as before - 'could not find init.itunes.apple.com' - and the App Store didn't react at all.

May 4, 2015 8:04 PM in response to 606Club

Solved! At last!

I cannot say exactly which step was the key, so here are most of the steps I took. Hopefully this helps someone.

1. Took the steps in Invalid or incorrect Certificates including reboot.
2. Took the steps in Edit your Keychain including reboot.
3. Downloaded and manually reinstalled Security Update 2015-004.

4. Repaired permissions and directories with Recovery reboot.

5. Took the steps in Invalid or incorrect Certificates including reboot.

6. Took the steps in Edit your Keychain including reboot.

I've gone through some of these steps multiple times, just hoping it would work that time...

Today -- when I went into Mail.app, it whined about the certs for me.com servers -- so I made *that* always trusted. And this time, iTunes.app didn't complain about any certs! And this time, Software Update.app didn't complain about any certs! And it successfully applied the three-week delayed updates!

So I'm hoping it's all done and done. OMG, frustrating along the way!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.