Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 not playing via usb on 2012 GMC Terrain after update

Since updating to iOS 8.3 my iPhone 5 wilt play through the usb port on my 2012 GMC Terrain. From checking other online resources it seem to correlate with the iOS update and not the car's system. Just had the radio checked out and any related repairs have been made, and it will play music girls off of a USB flash drive. Anyone have any ideas?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3, iPhone 5

Posted on Apr 10, 2015 9:25 AM

5 replies

Jul 3, 2015 5:42 AM in response to CarlAVII

I had previously reported a problem with my iphone 5 (now I have a iphone 6) and a 2012 GMC Terrain. It seems that the PI0693c GM software update that I had mentioned that appeared successful was short-lived. A family member stayed with us last weekend and she had a iphone 5 which had the same issue (will hang the system after about 7 seconds -- cannot play music, fast-forward, etc.). I continue to have problems with the stereo to this day. Of note, I have upgraded my phone and tried it in a 2014 Buick Enclave (a loaner from the dealer) -- no problems.

Jul 17, 2015 6:41 AM in response to krzyz

I am having the same issue with my iPhone 6 (iOS 8.4) on my 2012 GMC Terrain. Through investigation I discovered there were two systems available for this vehicle, the standard Color Touch Infotainment system and the Color Touch Intellilink system found in the higher end 6 cylinder models. The Intellilink system can be updated via USB stick by the user. The Infotainment system cannot. I have the Infotainment system in my 4 cylinder model of the Terrain.

Both my and my wife’s iPhone 6s running iOS 8.4 will not function in the Terrain via USB. They do work using a cable from the headphone jack to the Terrain’s Aux In jack but of course no display, just music. They work fine with the Phone app and Bluetooth pairing, just not the Music app. The same phones work just fine in our other car with an aftermarket Kenwood installation. So it’s logical to assume the problem lies with the GMC Terrain firmware.

iPhone 5 not playing via usb on 2012 GMC Terrain after update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.