Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to eliminate the "shadow" that is form after using bezier mask?

Hi,

I'm trying to create a video where "I make something fly".

To do this, I have used two videos, one is the base video, the other one is the one with the object that I'd like to make fly. I'm using bezier masks to achieve it, and although I have managed to get the result of masking myself whilst holding "the flying object" , the truth is that there is a "shadow" that appears in the final video. This shadow, follows the border of the masks i'm using. As you can imagine, this "shadow" is not pleasant to the eye when you look at the final video.

To solve the problem, I have tried using the blending mode and opacity, but I have failed to succeed. Wonder if anyone out there with more experience than me in Motion 5 can help me to solve this issue?

Any help will be very welcome!

Thanks!

reinaldojlg

iMac

Posted on Apr 10, 2015 9:20 AM

3 replies

Apr 13, 2015 1:37 PM in response to schmackhaft

Hi,

Thank you very much for you r reply, I'm attaching 2 still views of my project, as you can understand I'm quite new and I'm using this project to practice.

As you will be able to se below, if you notice in the fridge, between the sport water bottle and the chair, "there is a shadow" towards the left. This shadow correspond the the edge of one of my bezier masks, and of course it does move during the clip, as i did time frame the mask.

I hope this picture is an appropriate one, if you have spare time, then I'm also attaching a link below.

Really appreciate your help.

Best regards

Reinaldo

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2HV7HI248QWcUh3ZmU5NnprSGM&authuser=0

User uploaded file

Apr 14, 2015 12:36 AM in response to Reinaldojlg

I don't think there is any shadow being created by the masks. It looks like the two clips you have are lit differently and the "Flying Milk" layer is darker than the "Seating" layer. You should be able to quickly verify this by putting both clips in a new project and toggling the top layer off and on.

You can try using the color correction filters to get the clips to match more closely, but it may be tough and will take a bit of trial and error.

How to eliminate the "shadow" that is form after using bezier mask?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.