Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 plus cannot backup

User uploaded file

This the message I get when I try to backup my iPhone 6 plus. We also have a iPhone 4S and the backup works. Cannot backup to the iMac or to iCloud

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Operating System version is 10.6.8

Posted on Apr 10, 2015 10:51 AM

1 reply

Apr 13, 2015 11:10 AM in response to lrmhfm

Howdy lrmhfm,

The article linked below details how to go about deleting backups in iTunes. Deleting prior backups for the affected iPhone should allow for a new backup to be created.

If you want to delete a backup created by iTunes:

1. Open iTunes Preferences:
  2. Click Devices. (The iOS device doesn't need to be connected.)
  3. iTunes will show the phone number, International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number, and serial number of the backed up iPhone when you position your mouse pointer over a backup. (Only the serial number will be shown for iPad and iPod touch). You can use this to find the backup you want to delete.
  4. Select the backup you want to remove.
  5. Click Delete Backup.
  6. When prompted, confirm that you want to remove the selected backup by clicking Delete Backup.
  7. Click OK to close the iTunes Preferences Window.

Backups that have a date and time stamp in the backup name are copies of backups created by restoring the iOS device. The date and time in the left column are when the restore-from-backup occurred. The date and time in the right column are the last synced date; this shows how current the data is.

Create and delete iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backups in iTunes
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204269

Regards,

Allen

iphone 6 plus cannot backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.