Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to install/use WhatsApp in iPod touch 5th generation?

Hey Guys!! I am much curious on Apple products and I wanna own one for me. So I planned to buy an iPhone 6 and as it's quite costlier for my current financial situation, I changed my mind. I wanna buy any product from Apple, and now I am finalizing with iPod touch 5th generation.

I do not have patience to wait until the next iPod generation to be released or so.

My only concern is WhatsApp messenger. Could anyone of you please let me know whether WhatsApp is accessible in iPod touch 5th generation?

For making calls I am going to use basic Nokia phone. Whereas with iPod touch 5th gen I will be using for all rest of the things like browsing, gaming, social networking, photography.

If YES!! I am getting my very first Apple Product right away.

Awaiting your responses.

Thanks,

Jackson Lourdusamy

iPod touch, iOS 8.3, iPod touch 5th Gen, WhatsApp

Posted on Apr 10, 2015 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply
10 replies

Apr 11, 2015 9:40 AM in response to jacksonlourdusamy

I have an IPod 5, version 8.3 and I checked, and you can NOT get Whatsapp. But there are tons of great messaging/calling apps that are compatible with IPod 5. For instance, Textnow, Textfree, Even Messages built into the iPod. But with Messages you can only text someone with an IPhone, IPad, IPod Touch or Apple Laptop, Desktop.

Hope everything turns out great and you LOVE your IPod 5. (Like me!)

Is it possible to install/use WhatsApp in iPod touch 5th generation?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.