Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't connect iPad mini 3 to iMessage and facetime

hello

my grandad has just brought a iPad mini 3. Everything works fine except iMessage and FaceTime. We have set up 2 accounts both cannot connect to either app. I tried my own apple account and works fine so we no it's not the ipad.

WE have tried resetting, new accounts, the home button reset, checking the time settings. But still nothing works!!!,

Any ideas?

thank you

iPad Mini, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 10, 2015 11:25 AM

3 replies

May 21, 2015 10:10 AM in response to Mrsfluck

I have an answer.

To recount my experience, after weeks of not having time to address this problem, two Saturdays ago, I decided to tackle it. I had 2-1/2 hours on the phone with "senior" tech support, at the end of which they told me to go to the store. Another 2-1/2 with a "senior" genius resulted in nothing. Another 2 hours at home, nothing. Two more conversations with Apple which said they had escalated my problem to engineering, but I'd most likely have to wait for the next IOS update. (Great Saturday, right?)

Light bulb went off. I went back to Apple Store and asked to try my imessage and facetime login on a new ipad that hadn't been updated to 8.3. Worked perfectly. They exchanged my ipad mini 3 for a new one under warranty. I'm now using a new ipad mini 3 which I WILL NOT update.

The problem is the 8.3 update and using any apple ID that has been created or modified since then. I told Apple "senior" phone support, and they said it was MY OPTION to update the software. Seriously?!? This is my fault?!?

Jan 27, 2016 7:04 PM in response to Mrsfluck

May be something small mistakes is taken in the process operation on iPad Mini 3. Here I will show you how to set up and use FaceTime on iPad. If you want to set up FaceTime on iPad, you should tap "Settings" > "FaceTime" to turn on ON/OFF toggle and input your Apple ID and password to sign in. After signing in FaceTime, the steps of using FaceTime follow:

1. After signing in FaceTime, click "+" button to choose contacts.

2. Choose a person who you want to call with FaceTime.

3. When your call is accepted, you also can select video or audio with clicking its button.

4. Tap "End" to finish the call, while "Mute" button to pause the call.

Can't connect iPad mini 3 to iMessage and facetime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.